For Android: tracking directly in Google Fit
This is the easiest solution: no need to install any additional apps, wear a smartwatch or a fitness band. To track all your workouts, not only steps, turn the “Track your activities'' mode on. Activity data will be uploaded to Stayfitt automatically.
For Android: replace Strava with an alternative service available in Russia
Consider that such services are connected to Stayfitt indirectly via a pre-installed tracker Google Fit for Android. So, if you are looking for something above Google Fit functionality, you can set up the configuration your service → Google Fit → Stayfitt. Tips on how to set up the sync are available in the “Help” section (“Settings” in the lower left corner → “Help” button).
- Top alternatives
- Additional sync service may be required
- Activity sync interruptions are possible
For Android and iOS: Install VPN
Strava and other foreign services can still work with a VPN. It routes your data traffic through an encrypted connection to a server located in another country. Once you activate a VPN on your smartphone, your real IP address is replaced by a temporary IP address in a country where the server is located. So, online services that have restrictions on working in Russia cannot identify if a user logs in with VPN from Russia or he is actually outside of it.
It is better to use paid VPN servers. Free services can make money by selling your data. Here is a list of reliable and well-known paid VPNs:
- Proton VPN
- Ask a colleague or a friend to share a paid VPN connection. Subscription often covers several devices. Ask friends who already use VPN if they have a free slot for your smartphone. Offer to split the subscription fee.
- Ask foreign friends to help you pay for the VPN.
- Or use free services. One of the most reliable and well-known is 184.108.40.206 service from CloudFlare.